Thursday, November 27, 2008

Fried Turkey = Yum!

This was my very first Thanksgiving as an adult!
That is, there wasn't someone wiser cooking for us. We had to make our own feast rather than simply showing up and eating. So, we decided to fry ourselves a turkey! Hurray - it was sooo delicious! We officially have our new family tradition. The best part? Paul makes it! That is a HUGE part of the meal, so I can focus on more important things, like PIE!!! Okay, so I bought a pumpkin pie this year... but now that I know how much extra time I'll have I can go crazy next year!
Paul got to play in his annual turkey bowl, I unpacked our stuff (Yes, we finally got that second bedroom for Jenna!), and we ate with the Smiths. We all enjoyed our traditional favorites... well, all except for Paul. Pretty much the only thing he asked for was deviled eggs. But somehow... I forgot. Some wife, huh? To make up for it, I promised him deviled eggs all December long. Hold on, I don't even know what goes in them! Quick - I need a recipe!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Look on the food network or allrecipes.com, you will find lots of recipes.
What do you mean UNPACK! did you move and not tell me? I sent you a package last week. I used the only address I have for you! Hope you get it.

Emily Green said...

I missed the post too. Your first time cooking Thanksgiving and you didn't blow up the turkey in the oil! Great job!