Christmas Morning!
I think everyone took a nap that day...
DOGS!
On Christmas Eve, we were wrapping some presents when Rocky came up behind us and peed right on Paul's leg. It was soo funny - well, except for for Paul... :)
Airplane rides!
Coming home marked Jenna's 15th airplane ride! Wow, I don't think I had been on that many planes until high school! And, it was her last free trip as she will be 2 in March. Here come lots of car trips! woo!
Everytime one of our planes has landed, people around us comment on how good she was during the flight. "Well", I say, "she is an expert!"
Remember when Jenna's elbow got dislocated? Well, when we were in the Houston Airport, about to get on our last flight home, it happened again. Oh, man - talk about bad timing!
I told Jenna she had to hold my hand in the airport, but she didn't want to, so she tried to drop to the ground. I was still holding her hand and I felt a pop! and said "oh no...". The airline people said it would take paramedics an hour to get there, and the only thing they would probably do is take her to the emergency room. Well, our flight left in 20 minutes, so that wasn't going to work. I called my mom and she told me how to pop in back in myself.
I tried... she cried... I was done.
Luckily, I had gotten a scarf for Christmas (thanks Kristy!), so we made a sling for her arm and gave her some tylenol. She fell right asleep and slept for the flight, the car ride home, and all night. In the morning, she was acting perfectly happy:I simply credited her lack of pain to my amazing scarf-sling, and brought her in to the doctor. It turns out, I should have checked her arm before we went, because her elbow was fine. Either my attempt to put it back actually HAD worked, or it popped back in while she was sleeping. That's fine by me!
I just hope it doesn't happen again! We have to be super careful with her right arm...
Our other trip highlights include being lazy, playing games, puzzles, wii bowling and raving rabbids (sooo funny!), and Jenna being the ONLY nursery-aged child (we had already promised her nursery, so grandma and I played with her in the nursery room).
I hope you had a wonderful Christmas as well!
Happy New Year!
Happy New Year!
2 comments:
I love reading your blogs! I really miss you guys. Give Jenna a big kiss. Tell Paul Hi!
Is that a sling or a straight-jacket?
Post a Comment