Thursday, August 23, 2012

gymnast!

Jenna just had her last day of a 10 week gymnastics class. She absolutely loved it, and was so excited to go every week! She loved her teachers, and wasn't even shy around them!
She was in the 4-5 year old class, so she was one of the smallest but tried everything with no fear. They learned basics like front and back rolls, handstands, cartwheels (I didn't say they were good at them), and got introduced to all the apparatuses. Jenna's favorite activities were jumping on the trampoline and flipping on the bar.

Unfortunately, they didn't allow parents in, so I only got a couple photos from the small window upstairs.


Watching her on the balance beam was hilarious, because she normally has great balance but the first couple times she tried it, she couldn't stop looking at everyone else and kept falling off! The teachers told her to look at the beam, so she kept her head straight while looking around with her eyes. She just couldn't help it. It was pretty funny!

That's her in the back swinging on the rings.

After her class we would stay for a bit and watch the older kids practicing. Wow! Some of them have some mad skills! I'm especially impressed with how strong those little boys are! Jenna definitely has some work to do on her skinny little arms ;) It's just so funny to watch! :)

We've got her signed up to start again in November, and I'm really not sure which of us is more excited!

No comments: