Tuesday, September 24, 2013

Liam's 1st Birthday!

On the actual day, we celebrated with frozen yogurt at a fundraiser for Jenna's school. And spoiling him all day long. So, basically just a normal day.


The next evening we invited some friends over for a little party. And let's be honest, a first birthday is really all about their first taste of cake! And getting it all over themselves...
I made a baseball cake and some "firework" cake pops. I thought it would be cute to make little baseballs, but the white chocolate and I were not getting along that day. After I burned two batches, I gave up and baseballs became fireworks :)



He was loving every second of everyone singing to him, and then Jenna helped him blow out the candle. Then we just cut off the top half of the baseball to use as a smash cake. As soon as we put it in front of him, he stuck his face right into the frosting!



Then he dug right in and ate at least half of it! I think it's safe to say he enjoyed it.


Liam was having a blast tearing the paper off his presents!


He got some cute cute clothes and PJ's, bath crayons, and a train from the Grandmas. Paul picked out a super hero Little People set for him (I think he's happy his boy came second. I got all the classic and educational toys when Jenna was little, so he can have fun picking out awesome boy stuff now). Someone earlier this summer had given us a Fisher Price basketball hoop, so I cleaned it up and and brought it out, and Jenna chose to give him a little basketball. There have been quite a few one-on-one games in our home since then, a couple of which even involve Liam!

The rest of the night we just enjoyed having friends over and playing with our sweet One Year Old boy :)


3 comments:

Hilary said...

He is such a smiley little guy! Every pictures brings such joy! Give our love to this very cute little guy!!

Rachel said...

Happy birthday Liam!! Your cakes are always amazing!

Lisa said...

Liam looks like such a sweetie! And that baseball cake is awesome. Your kids are so lucky to have such a cool mom. :)