Monday, April 28, 2014

Jenna's 6th

 Our sweet little Jenna-fish has turned SIX years old!

Since my mom and sister were in town, and I wasn't exactly feeling up to party planning, we successfully convinced Jenna to enjoy some family activities instead of a party this year (making her think it was her idea, of course). Well, the lucky little girl ended up getting the best of both worlds. I noticed that my book club was meeting the night of her birthday at my neighbor's house, and her 3 closest friends' moms all happen to be in my book club. So I invited them to drop off the kids a little early, and I would bring them back after cake and a few games. Nice and easy.

In the morning, Jenna woke to a trail of snowflakes leading to a donut breakfast and presents.
She got to wear her new outfit from Grandma, an Happy Birthday crown, and Birthday Girl pin to school. My girl loves being the center of attention :)



After school, we all picked her up and surprised her with a trip to build-a-bear where she made a pony on roller skates! She chose a super fancy dinner of chicken nuggets and fries at McDonald's, and then we came home and surprised her again with her mini-party.
Like every other little girl right now, she loves Elsa from Frozen, so it was an easy choice for her cake theme:


And since it's her favorite part of any birthday party, I made an Olaf pinata:


We played for a little while, then I took the kids to their moms at Book Club.
It was such a wonderful, easy, fun day!

 

No comments: