Sunday, June 7, 2015

a new hobby

For our May Relief Society activity, we learned all about gardening and then were sent home with a squash seedling. I've wanted to start a garden for years now, and since this house has a garden plot with good soil and netting all ready to go, I really had to excuse not to jump right in!
Here's Liam helping take care of my new little baby (before we finished weeding):


We went out on memorial day to pick out some seeds, and a couple seedlings. We're now patiently awaiting the arrival of our zuchinni, bell peppers, green beans, kale, and strawberries.


They really are like my new little babies: I think about them every day, I want them to grow big and strong, and I'm surprised at how fast they do!

In other news:

-I had my first experience picking up a sick child from school. Poor little Jenna had thrown up in the hallway on her way to class in the morning. When the school nurse called, he said that the ordeal was "pretty spectacular". I can only imagine poor Jenna, the kids around her, the teacher who witnessed it, and whoever had to clean that icky mess...

-Lately Gavin has insisted on feeding himself, which makes for extra messy mealtimes!


-We're excited now to start the season of sun, swimming, parks, and popsicles!

No comments: