L. Edward Brown said "There is something about journal writing that causes us to meditate, to recommit, and to receive spiritual impressions in the process of such pondering."
At first, my journal was a lot like my blog: I was writing to an audience instead of for myself. But with practice, I'm beginning to get more personal.
President Spencer W. Kimball once said to “begin today and write … your goings and your comings, your deeper thoughts, your achievements, and your failures, your associations and your triumphs, your impressions and your testimonies. We hope you will do this, … for this is what the Lord has commanded, and those who keep a personal journal are more likely to keep the Lord in remembrance in their daily lives.”
I want to do this, and I want this blessing in my life. I actually look forward each day to recording my thoughts, inspirations, and day-to-day things we do. Boring to most of you, but I'm sure will make me cry like a baby when I'm 80. Looking forward to it!
Don't worry, I'm still using the blog for pictures, big news, and funny stories... And on that note, here's a little Jenna for ya:
She was born to where heels!
1 comment:
Now you've got me thinking about a journal... I should start one too!
Post a Comment