Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Light Sabers and Barbies

Yesterday was my last day watching our friend Kyle. What a fun, energetic little boy!

We've had a lot of fun together! He brought a lot of BOY to our pink and purple little lives. We played a lot of Power Rangers, Mutant Ninja Turtles, other super heroes I don't know, and Star Wars. Oh, how he loves Star Wars!
Now my sweet little girl runs around killing droids:



But it's okay: Jenna rubbed off a little bit on him as well. She taught him all about cooking and the proper way to do puzzles. Sometimes he would put Jenna's pink bean bag on his head like hair, and walk around saying "I'm a girl!" in a high voice. He even had his girl name already picked out!
Jenna was also able to share her love of picnics and reading books. When the weather cooperated, we went almost every day to the park and the library.

Our favorite things to do in the house were hide and seek, sword fights, jumping on the bed, play-doh, legos, and dancing!

One of the few quiet moments. It won't last long!

They were so proud of their tower: it's taller than them!

Haha! This is so typical: Kyle's doing flips and kicks, and Jenna chases him around... and puts a bucket on her head! Why not!?!
It's been a busy few months, and I learned a lot about watching other people's kids.
Basically, I'm glad that I did it... And I'm glad that I'm done!

No comments: