Thursday, June 2, 2011

Blast to the Past

Jenna is really in to dinosaurs right now, so we brought her to see the dinosaur bones at the Smithsonian.

The first stop was, of course, her favorite: the "terratops"


We need to work on her "camera smile"  :)

She is not shy at all! She would tap a perfect stranger on the hip or bum (because that's where her eye level is), point to the dinosaur, and say "Look! A brachiosaurus!"
 And, yes, she actually says brachiosaurus. The other dinosaurs that she know are T-Rex, pteranodon, parasaurolophus (I looked up the spelling for that one!), and stegasaurus. I'm learning so much being this girl's mom!

 She actually requested the picture with Daddy and the alligator. I didn't have the heart to tell her it was a crocodile!

Before we left, we had to spend a long time at the the only exhibit with living things:


Then, Jenna said that she wanted to see Lamanites so we went to the Museum of Native American History. While we were there, she asked where Laman and Lemuel were! Hahaha!


They have some really cool stuff there, but its just not interesting enough for a three year old. At one point, Jenna said "I'm tired!" and just laid down on the floor:


She knew she was being silly and got up a second later!

The only thing we couldn't peel her away from was this pretend boat:


Then on our way out, Jenna decided to entertain everybody with a little rain dance. Right in the middle of the room! Like I said, NOT shy (I only caught the end of it):


We're so lucky to live here! And to have such a fun little girl!

1 comment:

Andrea said...

You know what I think is funny...that she had her undressed baby doll in a whole bunch of the pictures... too funny. Also loved that she would get out in the middle there and do a dance...