Tuesday, July 5, 2011

THE fourth

Celebrating the 4th of July in our nation's capital = AWESOME!
Spending the day with cousin Jared and his wife Katy = DOUBLE AWESOME!

Seriously, we had a great day:

First we saw the parade. Even though we showed up right before it started, we got a great spot thanks to Katy and a push-over female cop. :)
Jenna enjoyed most of it. Look how cute she is waving her little flag:


There were tons of floats, balloons, and bands:

I think this one was my favorite.

We realized that Jenna had no idea who all the balloon characters were, until this guy came out!

Jenna learned that we live in America!

Cute story: When these "southern belles" walked by, I asked Jenna which was her favorite. She said the yellow one because she looked like Belle. I suggested she blow her a kiss, which she did. Well, the girl in the parade happened to look over right then, and blew Jenna a kiss back! Then she was waving and pointing Jenna out to the other girls. Jenna was acting bashful, but I know she loved it!

The parade was over two hours long! We could tell Jenna was getting bored when she looked like this:


We wanted to see the Declaration of Independence, but the line was probably another two hours long! So we decided to see it next week! Instead, we explored Jenna's favorite museums.

Jenna weighs 74 lbs. on Jupiter!


This is a silly booth that takes your picture and shows what you would look like as a Neanderthal.

Jenna was so happy to have a friend that shares her love of fish!


Jenna loves Katy and Jared! She wanted to be with them all week! (I don't know why Katy's making a funny face...!)

We got another great spot to watch the fireworks!

Jenna entertained herself by playing with dirt while we waited...


After the initial awe, Jenna kept busy taking TONS of pictures, most of which look like this. It's hard taking pictures of fireworks!
I took this at the end, so there is a lot of smoke!

Yep, it doesn't get much more awesome than that! ...except for the 2 hours it took to get home... gotta love D.C. metro! We even ran into a couple fellow BYUers!

2 comments:

Katy said...

YAY! Love this post! We had a such a good time with you guys...THANKS SO MUCH! By the way you have a little package coming your way so look out for it!

(your better than me FOR SURE. I need to catch up on my blog)

Unknown said...

Fun post!