Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Earthquake

I'm sure most of you heard about the 5.9 earthquake that shook the East Coast yesterday. Yes, we felt it. And, yes, it was my very first earthquake! I am ashamed to admit, I was not completely prepared. Thank goodness it wasn't worse!
The worst thing we'd experienced out here had been heavy rain and really strong winds, so this was completely unexpected! These were my exact thoughts for the duration of the quake:

 Jenna and I are sitting on the floor reading books.
     Man, our upstairs neighbors are LOUD!
 I roll my eyes and continue reading.
     Hmm, my bum feels weird...
     What are they DOING up there!?!
We stand up.
     Are they shaking the WALLS!?!
     Holy Cow! The whole building is shaking!
I look out the window.
     Is the WIND doing this?!
I pick up Jenna, wondering if I should go to a doorway or outside...
     EARTHQUAKE!

And I can't be 100% sure, but I think this is what Jenna was thinking the whole time:
     What is mom doing...???
      
I think it's funny that it wasn't until it was basically over did the thought of earthquake even enter my mind! Soo unexpected!!!

4 comments:

Andrea said...

I was going to call you today to ask if you felt it. Luckily there wasn't any damage or anything. :P PS I can't believe how well Jenna does with her Articles of Faith. It's pretty awesome and I can't believe that girl is still in nursery...

Adam said...

"Hmm, my bum feels weird..."

I kind of love that you thought that.

Adam said...

"Soo unexpected!!!"

Unexpected... You mean like when someone pops out of the trunk of a car when you go to put your luggage in it?

Andrea said...

Oh my gosh that was SOOOO FUNNY!!!