| Aaaw, what a sweetie! |
On her actual birthday we had a party with 6 of her friends. It was our first time throwing a birthday party, and it took a bit of work but turned out to be so fun!
We started the day out with TONS of balloons, streamers, and presents from mom and dad. When her friends arrived, we had Jenna's favorites for lunch: pizza and a fruit bar! Yum!
Then we played some games: a bean bag toss, London Bridge (surprisingly a big hit!), a game where we gave them streamer-tails and they had to try to step on each other's while keeping theirs intact (so funny!), and a punching box (see below). I didn't think to take pictures during the games because it was so crazy, so I had Jenna and Huck reenact the tail game and punching box later:
| Jenna loved it and played again and again with her daddy! |
| They each got to punch through tissue paper to get a prize! Much better than a pinata, I think! |
Jenna requested a princess cake, and this is what I came up with:
I think she liked it:
She got to open lots of fun presents:
But my (and I think Jenna's...) favorite was Paul's gift that he made for her. He wanted to make a miniature Jasmine's bedroom and balcony that would fit inside her IKEA shelf. He designed, sawed, hammered, painted, and sewed the whole thing by himself. I just love it, and he's pretty proud of his very first creation:
And here it is all nestled away in Jenna's toy shelf:
| perfect. |
I can't believe how fast she is growing up, and how much joy she brings to our family! We love this little girl so much!
3 comments:
Happy Birthday Jenna! Sounds like a fun day, and what a great dad to make that for her!
Ist das nicht ein princess cake?
AWWW! I am so glad you posted the pictures. I wish I could have been there. Just been dealing with an illness. Tell Jenna we love her.
Post a Comment