Tuesday, June 19, 2012

Jenna's first talk

Jenna gave her first talk in Primary on Sunday! The whole ordeal was just so precious!

Here's how it went:

As soon as she saw that Paul and I were there, she got super excited and kept waving and blowing us kisses! :)
After her friend, Grant, gave the opening prayer she told him "Good job!", gave him a high-five, and a thumbs-up! And then they promptly began playing super heroes and had to be reminded to be reverent...
I was a little worried that she would be too shy to actually give her talk since the last time she was assigned to share a scripture, she covered up her face and I ended up reading most of it. But she walked up to the podium with no fear! *so proud!
Her topic was "I can Choose the Right by living Gospel Principals". Jenna's daddy helped her to write it, and they drew lots of pictures so she was able to give most of the talk all by herself! She spoke loud and clear, and ended with a sweet "I know the Church is true and I love Jesus Christ!".

She is such a sweet girl, and we couldn't be more proud!



 While I'm at it, here's a little bit more about 4-year old Jenna:

-If I had to predict her future career right now, I would definitely have to say teacher! She loves to teach anything to anyone, and says she's excited to teach her brother how to do everything (including not messing up her toys, I'm sure)!
-She likes to make rules and be in charge. That's probably why she likes to play with boys; they let her be in charge most of the time. And she still reminds me every time we get in the car "Mommy, it's the law!", meaning to buckle my seat belt!
-She is so funny! I really need to record one of her little monologues sometime, because they are long and random and so funny! She will talk Paul's and my ear off, but turns into a mute when another adult is around... until she gets to know them well.
-She loves to be silly! She thinks it's hilarious to change the words to songs and call people by the wrong names and such silliness.
-Jenna  absolutely loves her daddy! She thinks he is the biggest, strongest, smartest, best guy in the world! And she lets all of her friends know it!
-I've put off making a chore chart, because she is still such a good helper! She loves to do the dishes, vacuum, dust, and clean her room all by herself. I know I'll have to do one eventually, but for now I'm enjoying our casual approach to chores!

1 comment:

Rachel said...

Oh my goodness, she is so cute and so big! We miss you guys!!