Saturday, January 19, 2013

4 months

Liam's 4 month stats:
16 lbs. 12 oz.
25.5 in.

At only four months Liam weighs more than Jenna did at 12 months, and is comfortably wearing 6-9 month clothes! He's such a little chubster!

legs rolls!

arm rolls!

A typical conversation with Liam goes something like this: First you are greeted with a big smile, followed by some "goo"s and a couple of fake coughs. He'll then show off his impressive vocal range, pause to watch his hand for a minute, speaks cave-man for a while, and pauses again to chew on his thumb.
Throughout the conversation, he has kicked, wiggled, and arched his back so much that he is now 4 feet away, facing the other direction :)
And the moment you put anything within his reach, he's grabbing it with a super serious look on his face and trying to eat it!



He used to be such a great sleeper, but lately he has been fighting sleep so hard. And he thinks that 2am is an acceptable bed time. It is not. This sleepy mama has checked out the Healthy Sleep Habits book from the library. Hopefully that has some good advice!

Whenever Paul changes Liam's diaper, he puts his pants on his head while the job gets done, like so:


He's so used to this that every time I pull off his pants, he anticipates his little hat with a squint and a smile :)

Liam likes to hold my hand while he naps... And I am more than happy to oblige! :)

He is a great cuddler. I actually didn't realize how great until we were at a party recently. A friend of mine took Liam and wouldn't give him back the rest of the night. Apparently her five kids were never this calm and cuddly, and she was loving it! He curls right up to you and lays his head on your chest. And when you set him up on your lap, he just looks around and plays with your fingers. I know he'll probably grow out of this stage soon, so I'm soaking it in!

The doctor says he is ready for solids now. We'll probably try at five months, but isn't he so cute in his little chair:



He's such a happy little guy!

Eyes are still blue, but darker than Paul's so I worry they won't stay

Hanging out with his cute little girlfriend, Harper!

Still loving each other :)

3 comments:

Elena Loo said...

I thought I recognized that other cute baby in the picture! So fun! We think Liam is super cute too! Harper's future boy friend for sure, if I have anything to say about it. :)

Unknown said...

He is very adorable. Reminds me of Daniel because of the chubbiness! He does look like a chubby version of Jenna. I bet the sleeping issue is because of teething and a growth spurt and it will work itself out soon. I really miss you all and will have to try to get some time off to visit sometime (maybe at spring break!). Love you all!

Em said...

He is so adorable!