Tuesday, July 23, 2013

zoo animals

We went to the zoo with some friends a little bit ago, on a day when it wasn't quite raining (just a light mist) which was a welcome change to the 1000-degree days we've been having lately.

Liam wasn't too impressed, even when he was five feet from a monkey:


Jenna loved them all, but was beside herself with joy when we finally saw the parrots!

You can just barely see the red to the right of her head, but it's there!!
We all enjoyed seeing and learning about the flamingos. The zoo went to a lot of trouble to get them to breed in captivity, and they are the first to accomplish it!


I feel like I haven't talked much about the Madsen Family, but we love them oh so much! They have a son Jenna's age, a daughter Liam's age, and live a stone's throw from us. Elena works from home so I will often watch Huck for the day, and in exchange she lets me use her car when I need it. Jenna and Huck are best friends, and we all get together for dinner and game nights at least twice a week. Don't know what we would do without them :)

Jenna, Huck, and the biggest fish ever!
Liam and Harper being adorable :)

1 comment:

Lisa said...

Not gonna lie...fish kind of creep me out, especially huge ugly ones. You can imagine how I feel about that fish behind Jenna. :)
Glad you had so much fun at the zoo!