Sunday, September 21, 2014

Sans Paul

Paul was pretty much MIA this week. The only night he was home for dinner was Tuesday, and that was the day we signed up for our ward's 40-day fast. So, I didn't have to make dinner all week (the kids and I eat simple when Paul's away), which is actually the silver lining for this week (I don't love cooking).

Speaking of the fast, since the kids and I aren't skipping meals right now, we decided to fast from technology. Jenna was a good sport about it, and we got to play and get a lot done!
We also did our Family Home Evening Tuesday night. It was Jenna's turn for the lesson, and she insisted on doing it all on her own. Her topic was "family" and she gave each of us a drawing assignment: Paul drew pictures of himself at work and with his family, I drew something that was hard to do (cleaning) and something that was easy to do (sleeping), Jenna got to draw something pretty (flower) and something fun (kicking a ball), and Liam was assigned to do "scribble-scrabbles" which he did perfectly.

Paul was in Provo Thursday through Sunday. He'll travel with the team once a season to check out other schools' operations, and he made sure this year it was to the BYU game.
He got to visit work friends, eat some chicken hearts (Tucanos), check out the old stomping grounds, enjoy the game, and even try his famous Brat Tail.


Since Paul was wearing his UVA attire, tons of BYU fans were telling him "Welcome to Provo!"
So polite. Love that place!

I think I handled things pretty well while Paul was gone. The good: We went out for Liam's birthday (more on that coming soon), went to the Primary activity, and even made it to church on time. The bad: Liam and Gavin took turns keeping me up all Friday night, and Liam decided to be very unruly for the second half of Sacrament Meeting.

Pictures from our week:






Oh, and this happened:


He's my first kid to try to suck his thumb. I'm not sure how I feel about this...

1 comment:

Unknown said...

All I can say is that you have a truly wonderful husband! He is kind and loving and so smart! You did good!