Since we were out of town right after Gavin turned 18 months, the first Sunday in January was his first day of Nursery. It was also the day Liam moved up to Sunbeams, and Jenna graduated to senior primary (it would normally be next year, but our ward moved up her class because of the age distribution).
Jenna was obviously fine with the transition, but the boys were a different story...
We knew Paul would have to be the one to drop off Gavin, but I didn't expect Liam to be upset as well. He started to tear up and hold on to me like a monkey. It broke my heart to leave him there to go teach my class (I may or may not have let him come to my class once...). But almost two months later, he is now going happily and has even given the opening prayer without problem.
Liam's nursery teachers moved up to Sunbeams with them, which was great, but for some reason it took a looooong time to get new teachers for Gavin's class. For several weeks Paul had to stay for the second hour and I stayed the third hour. But I think this was really a blessing for Gavin, because it gave him time to get used to the new schedule. They've now got some dads called in there (that made me so happy, because my boys are more comfortable around guys) and now all I have to worry about is if Gavin is the bully of the group :)
No comments:
Post a Comment