Thursday, December 31, 2015

Gavin: 18 months


-Gavin is now wearing the clothes Liam was wearing when Gavin was born! How crazy is that!? He's growing up so fast.

-Pretty much the only thing you need to know about Gavin is that his favorite toy is the Hulk. He enjoys jumping off anything, tackling anyone, and smashing everything in sight!

-He is also starting to imitate his brother and sister a lot. Consequently, his most common phrases are "I did it!" and "Me first!"

-He loves balls and playing catch. He can throw his kid-sized football across the room, and catch it! I don't know if that's impressive for an 18 month old, but I'm sure impressed! He'll hold up the ball and say "tatch" until we hold out our hands, then throw it and hold out his hands, saying "tatch" again to indicate he is ready. So stinking cute!

-He'll give me kisses pretty much every time I ask, which I love! But sometimes I think he will hurt Liam on purpose, just so he can say "sorry" with a hug and kiss...

-Gavin and Liam both are very cuddly when they want to be, but hate being messed with otherwise. Our routine torture includes getting dressed, changing diapers, and brushing teeth. Almost every time you'd think we were sawing off his leg! And if he acts like that for me and Paul, you can't even imagine how bad it is for the doctor (a stranger). Oy.

-When he is upset, instead of the lower-lip pout, he sticks out both lips. Besides his big toothy grin, that is my favorite of his faces!

-He says "yeth" for yes, which I also love.

-I think he will probably always be a mama's boy and shy around strangers, but he is becoming much more independent and adventurous. Gavin definitely keeps our hands and our hearts full!

No comments: