Monday, September 21, 2009

18 Months

Jenna's 18 Month Stats:

32 inches - 22 lbs 2 oz.
62nd percentile for height - 19th percentile for weight
and apparently a big head (90th percentile!)


Our little girl is growing so fast:

-Jenna LOVES shoes! Everyone's shoes. She puts on any shoes she can find, no matter the size. In her car seat, she takes them off and puts them back on over and over - and sometimes even gets them on the right feet!
-She still doesn't like the car. When she was a baby, we thought it was because everytime we got in the car she got her heal pricked (checking billirubin levels). It got a little better when she transitioned to a forward-facing seat, but she just can't be in a car more than 20 minutes without getting restless... Cross country car trip? NOT in our immediate future!
-We go to the library at least once a week. Jenna loves it. She recognizes when we pull up to it now and starts saying "book! book!". She likes to play with the fake computers and just wander around and look at tons of books. She's still a little apprehensive at story time, but I think she'll really like it in a couple months or so.
-She is very proud of her "k" sound. She pronounces it very well, and even adds a couple more in there sometimes! e.g. She'll say "book.. k.. k.."
-Jenna is saying so many words now that I've lost count. But, my favorites are the ones that only we can understand:
"wee wee" - ring around the rosie
"na na" - another
"a'da" - again
"a'ta" - your turn / my turn
"see see" - sandwich
"dop" = jump
"mon" = come on
-Her first sentence was 'here you go', pronounced "eh ya go". I guess that's not really a sentence... a phrase?
-Jenna has entered the "no" and "why" phase!
Kali: Jenna, (insert any yes/no question)... ?
Jenna: No!
*unless she really means yes, then:
Jenna: No! ... Ya,ya,ya!
And when I ask her not to do something, her response is usually: why?
Now, she's not rude about these. You've got to picture a high little voice genuinely asking "why" or saying "no" like she's told you a hundred times before and can't believe you're asking again.
-This is how Jenna counts: "two, free... two, free... two, free". So cute!
-She loves to color. After lunch, before nap, we have quiet time to wind down and she usually will color with her crayons while I read the scriptures/ensign. It's a wonderful time!
-I know children are still pretty ambidextrous at this age, but Jenna ALWAYS uses her left hand to color and eat. I think we might have a lefty!
-She's getting quite skilled at feeding herself and dressing herself! After I finish my cereal in the morning, she likes to pour her cereal into my bowl and eat from the "big bowl". And she likes to find Paul's or my shirts and practice putting them on.
-I love that she likes girly toys, like her little play kitchen and her baby doll and carriage. She often gets out the wipes and 'changes her baby's diaper' and today she pushed her baby in the doll cariage around the coul de sac forever! She also likes to wear neclaces and brush everybody's hair!

I'm loving this little girl more and more every day!


p.s. Sad game, cougs, but we still love you!

3 comments:

Adam said...

I enjoyed this.

Unknown said...

Man...I miss you guys! Give her a big hug from Grandma and tell her I can't wait to see her with my other grandkids when we go see Micky Mouse!

Emily Green said...

She is really growing! That's awesome she's no longer in the 0th percentile! lol I'm so shocked at how well that little girl talks. Amazing.