Wednesday, September 30, 2009

honestly kinda quirky

I got tagged recently by a couple of fellow-bloggers to list ten honest things about myself. I also got tagged a while ago to list some of my personality quirks. I thought I'd mix the two together, and I had a lot of fun thinking about it. Here's what I came up with:

1. I balance things on my head. It's just something that I do...

2. I am very easily distracted. I tell Paul it's one of the things he loves most about me, but honestly, it's probably the thing that frustrates him the most! When he says he's going to do something, he means now. When I say I'm going to do something, I might eventually get around to it that day...
Paul: Didn't you say you had to use the restroom an hour ago?
Kali: oh, ya...

3. I care way too much what other people think. Way too much! I'm not sure if I even have my own opinions... And I really admire people who march to their own beat and don't care at all what other people think!

4. I think telling other people important things about myself is hard. I get embarrassed or something. I seriously do not know why! For example, my freshman year I finally got a job, but didn't tell my roommate. After a couple of weeks, I decided to see how long it would take her to notice I even had a job. After a couple more weeks, I knew she would be mad at me for keeping it from her for so long. I decided to wait until she left for the summer and tell her I got the job then. But, one of our other friends ratted me out.

5. I can't drink water after it's been sitting out without supervision. It's infested with Bug Poop!

6. Right after I gave birth to my daughter, I looked over at Paul and said "I can totally do this again!". I'm pretty sure it was the easiest delivery I've heard of. Go ahead, be jealous.

7. I LOVE dancing, but I refuse to do it in front of other people unless it's choreographed. And I love watching TV shows and movies with dancing in them. Sometimes I wish I married a ballroom dancer so he could wisk me around the kitchen everyday. (I love you, Paul. And your two left feet!)

8. I blush ALL THE TIME! I hate it, because people can always take it to mean something it doesn't. I blush when I have to say something in front of more than 5 people. I blush when I meet someone. I blush when I think I said something clever. I blush when I think about blushing. I'm blushing right now! It's awful...

9. I'm not very careful with myself, because nothing really bad has ever happened to me and I don't expect anything to... *knock on wood*

10. One of my big goals in life is to be a cute old couple who kids aren't afraid of and who still walk everywhere holding hands. That warms my heart!

9 comments:

Adam said...

I could add several things to this list, but I'll just add one. If you give Kali a TV remote, she will find some way to break it. Unless of course you put oven mitts on her hands first.

P.S. Which friend ratted you out to Andrea? I honestly can't remember... was it me? If so, then I'm sorry... but not really :)

Brad said...

Hey, remember that one time you DIDN'T tell me that you were getting married? :)

Jessica Nelson said...

What about the spider-phobia? also known as arachnophobia? =)

kali said...

It's true... I break remotes, I don't tell people I'm married, I'm afraid of anything with more legs than me... And yet you all still love me! How blessed I am!

kali said...

I don't remember who ratted me out... But I'd bet money his name rhymes with badam ballred!

Jared and Katy said...

Kali, That was so fun to get to know your personality a little better! We have a few things in common! And I hope one day I can have easy delivery in common with you too! (NO, we're not prego)

Adam said...

Well, you never could rhyme very well.

Emily Green said...

I loved reading these! Lots of quirks lol. Just the kind of person I enjoy being around!

Unknown said...

I know a few other quirky things too, but I won't write them here. You really are a great wife, mother and person all around. I am kind of wondering how you turned out so well! I am very proud of you and Paul! I have some really great AND quirky kids!