Today was Jenna's first day of nursery!
We walked her up to her new classroom this afternoon, fully expecting to need to give her hugs and kisses, promise to see her soon, and then leave behind a sad little girl crying for her mommy and daddy...
NOPE!
We opened the door just a crack (because there actually was a screaming child throwing himself against the door wanting his mom and dad - NOT a good omen, so I thought), Jenna saw Kaden playing with some fun toys, walked right in and slammed the door in our faces. Not so much as a glance back. Paul and I stood there, wondering if we should make sure the leaders knew where we'd be... or even her name, but eventually we sadly whispered "goodbye" through the peephole and walked away (one of the leaders is my VTer, so I figured she would remember).
The drop-off wasn't quite what we were expecting, but it's probably a lot better than a screaming kid every week! Hurray for Jenna!
Afterwards, the nursery leaders said she did wonderfully, minus the fact that she's never used a paper cup before, so when they gave her water at snacktime, she crushed the cup and spilled all over herself. Haha! Hey, if that's the only problem, I'm happy! Way to go, Jenna!
We've actually been looking forward to this for several weeks now; Paul and I teach the CTR 12 Primary class. At first Jenna was a joy to have with us - She loved to watch all the children and listen to the songs. She became something of a pet in the senior Primary - when a volunteer was called for, many kids often shouted for Jenna! But alas, now she is too old to sit still on our laps but not old enough yet to pay attention for 40 minutes, so she usually ended up being a distraction in class. I'm not really sure what to do when we're trying to bear our testimonies of baptisms for the dead, and our students suddenly bust out laughing because Jenna is dumping the trash can on herself... It was fun while it lasted, but we can really teach better without her.
I can't believe how old my little girl is getting! But I'm so proud of her and I'm grateful to have such a happy and friendly little cutey!
4 comments:
Jenna...I'm so proud of your "smooth" graduation to nursery...you are so mature for your age!
Way to go, Jenna! I'm hoping Livia makes an equally smooth transition next month. We teach 9 sunbeams, and having her in class creates some major distractions!
That was really funny! I hope it goes well the next time also. It isn't always so easy for them. She might change her mind the next time and cry. Probably not though, sounds like she is pretty much done with you! You should probably enroll her in college soon!
So cute! I'm in our nursery, and it is so nice when the kids are well-adjusted enough to leave their parents without throwing a fit. I wish Jenna was in my nursery!
Post a Comment