Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Jenna's 2nd

Friday, the actual birthday:



We set up her new table & chairs and Montessori toys for her to find in the morning.
She was pretty excited to play with them!
*notice her GIANT bum - that's the cloth diapers!



For dinner, we went with the Smiths to Pizza Pie Cafe, because Jenna LOVES pizza!




Then, we went to see "If you Give a Mouse a Cookie" on stage. There were just two actors: the boy and the mouse. It was funny, and very well done! Jenna really enjoyed it! She only got restless in the last 5-10 minutes, when she just kept asking, "Mouse doing?" and "Where'd mouse go?"





This was the mouse. Although they liked him on stage, Jenna and Kaden wanted nothing to do with the giant mouse up close!


Before the show, we had some time to kill so we hung out at a nearby park:


Jenna won't go down slides by herself, but she LOVES going down with people. She screamed "Wheee" the whole way down!


Paul and Spencer even squeezed into these tiny slides. We didn't think they would fit, but they laid on their backs and proved us wrong! It was so funny!


When we got home, Jenna was pooped out! She just wanted to lay down and watch Baby Signing Time on my phone. It was her birthday, so we said Go for it!


Sunday, the PARTY:

I decided this year to make a Minnie Mouse cake:


I think Jenna was pleased!


It was my first adventure with fondant. It's not as good as what I was going for, but I learned a LOT in the process! But I couldn't have done it without Paul: he encouraged me and practically held me up while we worked until after Midnight! It was totally worth it:




At the last minute, we could NOT find our lighters! So, our friend Kevin suggested lighting a piece of paper in the toaster! Kids: don't try this at home!





Did you hear Jenna when we told her to blow out the candles?
"Daddy do it!"
Hahaha! That was funny.


Jenna got completely spoiled by friends and family. She loves all her new toys, including duplo legos, a shopping cart with play food (and the cutest little egg carton!), a doll house, mickey mouse puzzle, super bubbles, lacing beads, and a bunch of educational toys (what every kid wants, right?).



I like this video. It show a little of how much she talks now. She narrates almost everything she does!





We LOVE our little girl!
She's growing up soooo fast!

6 comments:

Grandma King said...

very impressive cake, Kali!
I'm so glad you guys got a camera again!

Adam said...

You MADE that cake? Incredible. You've come a long way since Teen Girl Squad haven't you?

Amber Volle said...

I can't get over how much Jenna looks like the two of you! It's wild!

Andrea said...

For some reason I can't watch any of your videos...maybe it's because I have a Mac??? We had fun and your cake is/was definitely awesome.

Jared and Katy said...

You three look so happy.
The cake is amazing...for your first time working with fondant, that's pretty good!

Unknown said...

Thanks for posting the pics and video, Sorry I missed it, but Jenna is so cute. I really miss you guys. That cake was great! You have a little talent there!