Thursday, May 26, 2011

National Zoo

Jenna has been talking for weeks about going to see the animals, and Paul finally got a day off to go with us! We took the Metro into D.C. to see our National Zoo. Riding the metro is old news to Paul and me, but to Jenna it is quite the adventure! And that makes me happy! I think she entertained a few other passengers as well!

It was a beautiful day and the animals were all putting on a show!

First stop, the Zoo's pride and joy, Tian Tian the Giant Panda:

Everyone Ooo-ed and Aaw-ed while he lounged around eating bamboo
Paul wishes he could be a giant panda!
Then, on to the children's zoo:

I think this Meerkat was just as fascinated by Jenna! They danced along the glass together. It was a hoot!

And Jenna's requested animals:

Every time we saw a new animal: "Look! There it is! I found it!"
The baby elephant was playing with his toys. So cute!

I want a giant fish tank in my house!
Jenna took this picture. She waited all day to see the Alligator!
And the Grande Finale:

That's right! A triceratops!
 Jenna has a thing for dinosaurs right now, so she was so excited to see the "terratops"! It was the perfect end to a fun day!

No comments: