Friday, January 13, 2012

silly string

For Christmas, Paul got each of us a can of silly string to put in our stockings. What a great idea, right? Jenna's never seen the stuff before, and we thought shooting each other would be a hoot and a half!

Fast forward to Christmas morning...

After we had opened all our gifts and started to clean up a bit, Paul noticed his can of silly string. With a huge smile on his face, he shakes it up and points it right at me.
Now, to this day I cannot understand why, but I said "Paul! Don't shoot me!" (maybe I was already in cleanup mode and didn't want a bigger mess, maybe I didn't want it on my new PJ's - I dunno)
Of course, he did anyway! And all of a sudden Jenna let's out a bloodcurdling scream and yells "Daddy, stop!"
Should've seen that coming - she usually gets upset when we wrestle or pretend to fight in any way.
It took us a couple minutes to calm her down and convince her that the stuff doesn't hurt you. Paul sadly put away the cans, shaking his head and saying "I need a boy..." (hahaha!)
Now Jenna says that silly string is only for shooting trees, and starts to get upset if Paul tries to take it out of the closet.

In hindsight, I shouldn't have made a big deal about Paul shooting me, Paul shouldn't have shot me anyway, or we should have immediately had a free-for-all and showed her how much fun it can really be.
BUT, We didn't...
And now our daughter is afraid of silly string...

Oops. :)

 Happy Friday the 13th!

No comments: