Thursday, October 11, 2012

Big girl

There are currently 14 kids in Jenna's Sunbeam class, so we go to a lot of birthday parties! Between all of these birthdays and Christmas, we've wrapped a decent amount of presents around here. We got an invitation to one of her friend's party this week, so Jenna picked out a present and "wrote" her a birthday card. The next day, Jenna was drawing while Liam and I took a nap on the couch. When I woke up, I noticed her blanket covering something lumpy in the corner.
Before I could investigate, Jenna asked me "Mom, am I a big girl?"
I replied that indeed, she was a big girl.
Then she asked "Can big girls wrap presents by themselves?"
I could see where this was going... "They sure can", I said.
Jenna cautiously went to the corner and revealed this well-wrapped pink present:


She had gotten everything out, cut, wrapped, and taped it all by herself! I didn't have to fix a thing. It makes me a little sad when she doesn't need me anymore, but I'm also very proud of how self sufficient and kind she is!

2 comments:

Rachel said...

So cute! And how great for you that you can take a nap and trust that your house isn't going to be in complete disarray when you wake up! :)

Unknown said...

She is wonderful! I sure do love that girl! Such a great personality! I guess she takes after her mom who also has a great personality. PS! She did a great job wrapping that gift!