Sunday, October 12, 2014

Share goodness

-We are loving this fall weather, and spent as much of the afternoons as we could this week in our backyard. The kids enjoyed collecting acorns, throwing rocks, and exploring the little 20 ft. "woods" behind our house. They can't wait until the leaves start to fall!

-It got so cold at night I felt the need to cover up Gavin's bald little head. Unnecessary? maybe. Cute? definitely.


-Liam is finally really getting into books! His favorite this week was Fuzzy Yellow Ducklings. We read it over and over for an hour one night!


-Jenna decided to take Liam's education into her own hands. She got out her Joy School rug and made him sit on it while she attempted to teach abc's and such. She got frustrated when he only listened for about a minute :)


-I was playing with a photo editing app that my friend developed. It's called Studio and is really fun to "remix" other people's designs.


-The best part of the week for me came rather unexpectedly on Saturday afternoon. We were just hanging around the house, enjoying Paul's first Saturday off in two months when I got a call from the Sister Missionaries. They asked if I would come with them on an appointment. This may not sound like a big deal to some people, but I haven't served a mission or been out with the missionaries before so I was kind of terrified!
We were able to teach a sweet family from Pakistan, and I'm happy to report that it wasn't at all scary! And I was surprised how easy it was. I forget that the simple truths that I grew up knowing are not common knowledge. I had the opportunity to share my testimony of Jesus Christ and eternal families.
I'm happy I got over my fear, and I'm really excited to do it again!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I am so proud of you! You are growing to be a truly amazing person. You are a great mother, wife and now you are a great missionary! I love you so very much!