Sunday, October 5, 2014

General Conference!

This week was typical and pretty uneventful. I didn't even take any pictures.
We had trips to the grocery store, mall, park, and library and we filled our days with trains, dinosaurs, rattles, piano practice, homework, books, cooking, and watching probably too much Netflix.

The best part of our week was General Conference! I love these weekends so much, and I love that Jenna gets excited for them as well. If you ask her about it, she'll say something about the prophet and chocolate-covered raisins. Whatever works, right?!

There are tons of ideas and activity packets online to help kids pay attention (or at least sit still). This time I printed one out for Jenna, and we tried the treat bag activity. I put each of the apostles' and first presidency's pictures on bags and filled half of them with treats and the other half with stuff to do, like coloring books, stickers, and halloween decorations.


Jenna and Liam really enjoyed it, and it was so funny watching Jenna trying to match the speaker to their picture (except for the first presidency - she knows them). I understand though; some of the pictures aren't updated and to a 6 year-old they all look alike!

Paul had to work on Saturday, but the kids were so excited for the morning session and the boys slept during the afternoon session, so I actually was able to pay better attention Saturday than Sunday. The kids were a little more restless for the Sunday sessions, so I'm glad Paul was home to help entertain them. He and Liam even made us girls breakfast :)



It'll be fun to re-listen to and read these talks, to get the parts I missed and review the messages that I needed and loved!

And for fun, here's my handsome boys dressed up for conference:


1 comment:

Rachel said...

Those treat bags are such a good idea! I'll have to try that next time!