Sunday, February 15, 2015

Be mine!


-The weather was so amazing last Sunday! We're so glad that we just switched from 1:30 church, so we had time after to get outside and enjoy the sun.


Consequently, Liam learned how to say "heart" this week :)

-With our first two kids we never felt the need for a baby gate, but now that we have a long, hardwood staircase with hardwood floors at the bottom, right next to the playroom, and this is happening...


...we got us a gate! I love Liam's reaction when he first saw it the morning after we installed it:


I sort of hated it at first, because it's pretty hard to open. But then I realized that is kind of the point, so I like it now. It's really nice not having to worry if Gavin is heading toward the stairs while I am changing Liam. And I love being able to keep them contained while I get dinner started.

-On Tuesday we had the Sister Missionaries over for dinner, and then I got to go out with them again! Both of the appointments they had set fell through, so we took our chances visiting some potential investigators in the area. We encountered several people who were politely not interested, one woman who not-so-politely told us never to come back, and a young couple who is very interested and made an appointment to hear more! I'm excited to see what happens with them!
After being out with the missionaries a few times now, I can totally see how the work can be so rewarding, but also potentially frustrating! It's hard when people cancel appointments or say they're not interested, when you know it is the most important message they will ever hear!

-Jenna really enjoyed making her school Valentine's and her "love house" box:


She decided that she wanted to make personalized cards for everyone this year. She drew pictures of things they like and wrote a sweet note or joke for each student and teacher, and we attached a small sheet of stickers inside. It took her all week to write them all, but it was such a sweet idea! My Jenna is just the cutest!!

-On Valentine's Day Paul got Jenna and I flowers and chocolates and made a pink heart-shaped pancake breakfast. He and the kids played with some Disney Infinity characters that I got for them, and then he had to go to work.
The kids and I had a low-key day; we played, ate too much chocolate, and made each other Valentine's cards.
Then Paul got home shortly after the kids went to bed, so we were able to have a romantic steak dinner at home.
I sure do love my four Valentines!!

-One day last week I was planning to feed Gavin and put him down for a nap, so I asked Liam if he wanted to watch a movie. I was trying to get him to watch pretty much anything except for Curious George, but he was insisting on "Oooo-oooo!". I was holding my ground, until he walked over and gave me a kiss on my cheek. What could I do?! He got to watch Curious George.
So now whenever I say he can't have something, he just gives me a quick little kiss, smiles, and asks for it again. Oh, these boys of mine have got me wrapped all around their little fingers!
I mean, come on! How could I not be?!


No comments: