We got the shovels and sleds out Monday night. Jenna and Liam had fun practicing inside, then loved the real thing with Daddy on Tuesday!
When you have an older sister, sometimes you get stuck wearing girly hand-me-downs. Gavin is wearing Jenna's old hat, and Liam has got on her old gloves and boots.
Then we had hot cocoa and homemade brownies with cookie dough frosting.
It was just as delicious as it looks! Mmmm, I want to make it again!
-The kids took turns waking up crying in the middle of the night this week. Sunday and Monday was Jenna (nightmares), Tuesday was Liam (growing pains?), Gavin took Wednesday, then Liam again on Thursday. They were quickly consoled, it just reminded me of Jim Gaffigan's bedtime joke:
"There's always one awake. Like they're taking shifts. Alright, I'll annoy them from midnight to 2, who wants 3 to 6? Now let's lie down and practice kicking them in our sleep."
If you have a few minutes, search Jim Gaffigan on youtube. He's hilarious!
My pity party
It's hard to be a mommy and be sick. Thankfully, I hardly ever get sick (at least the kind that makes you not able to move your body) but I did this weekend. My worst day was yesterday. Paul had to work all day. So, even though I barely had the strength to lift my baby I still had to be awake, change diapers, make meals, stop fights, breastfeed full-time, give baths, do the dishes, and get 3 kids to bed on time.
Today is Paul's sick day. Jenna is at school, I've got the boys upstairs, and he is snuggled under his blanket sleeping on the couch. I know it's not his fault, but it just doesn't seem fair!
But, let's end on a positive note...
Yesterday, Jenna asked us to stay upstairs so she could surprise us. She spent over 20 minutes downstairs cleaning the table, putting away dishes, straightening the living room, practicing the piano, and making our bed. What a sweetheart! Love this girl!



2 comments:
We love Jim Gaffigan too. His 4 kids bit makes me laugh so hard I can't breathe.
Wow - those brownies look AMAZING! Would it be wrong to bring them to Zumba? Ha ha.
I'm sorry you're sick! I'm fighting an annoying virus, but nothing that bad.
Get better!
I am so sorry I could not be there to help. You should move closer!!!!
Post a Comment