Sunday, April 19, 2015

Spring Break

Jenna's spring break was pretty low-key and relaxing. We tried to get outside as much as we could early in the week because we were expecting a lot of rainy days.

Monday morning we were all enjoying the warm sun at the park. Until I put the boys in the swings...


Gavin didn't enjoy it (surprise surprise) because it didn't involve me holding him. I was about to try swinging with him on my lap, when Jenna got pushed a little too hard by a girl she was playing tag with. She scraped up her knees, hands, shoulder, and upper lip. If you know Jenna, you know this is just about the end of the world. And you know to expect her to act like she is crippled the rest of the day.
*sigh... park time was over.

Tuesday we all had runny noses so we decided to stay home and get the house clean / organized. I've had a couple people suggest a podcast called "power of moms" so I put it on my phone while cleaning. I don't know if it was the app or my phone, but something froze and I couldn't stop the audio feed (I mean, I guess I could have if I had really tried...) and I ended up listening to hours of this podcast. My review: It's uplifting and full of really wonderful ideas. Definitely recommend!

Paul took a day off work so we could take the kids to the discovery museum. They had a blast, and it wasn't as big as I was expecting so I think I can bring them by myself sometime.




When I was getting everything ready to leave for Jenna's piano lesson I noticed that my house key wasn't on the key hook. It's always either there or in the diaper bag, so I tore that bag apart. But no key. I locked the door from the inside, told Paul to meet us at the library after work (we always go after piano anyway), and planned to scour the house when we got home.
Paul took one quick look in the diaper bag, and... pulls out the key! What!? I give up. This is like the third time that has happened. Anytime I lose something in the future, I'm not going to bother looking for it. Just call Paul.

We celebrated Paul's 32nd birthday with, you guessed it, Cracker Barrel and strawberry angel food cake. He joked that he's set the precedent so that we can still celebrate when he's gone. Hopefully that's not for at long long time, cause we sure love this guy!!

 

Saturday we went to our new library's Grand Opening and UVA's spring fair. So our day was full of balloon animals, face painting, bouncy slides, super-unhealthy food (I'm talking to you fried oreos!), and a magic show (where Jenna was chosen from the audience to help)!


 I seriously love how these two become instant best friends whenever we go out:


Then Sunday Jenna and I went to her friend's baptism! It was wonderful, but I can't believe that will be us in less than a year!! We've been talking a lot about what is means to get baptized, and she's making good progress on her challenge to read the Book of Mormon all by herself, but I know I'm still going to feel like it snuck up on me! It all goes so fast...

1 comment:

Rachel said...

Ha! It's the opposite in our house. Bryan can't find a thing to save his life. And I cannot believe Jenna will be baptized so soon! We're getting old too fast ;)