Monday, May 4, 2015

a golden birthday

I'm absolutely loving Virginia in the spring! It is so colorful and so beautiful. Everyday I'm amazed by the trees, flowers, birds, and skies. I think we would be lucky to live here forever!

Jenna and the whole first grade had their big performance this week. Jenna had four lines, which she quickly memorized and delivered perfectly, and there were lots of songs about bugs and seasons. The whole thing was pretty darn cute! Gavin had a blast clapping, Liam enjoyed his applesauce, and then we went out for frozen yogurt afterward.


We also celebrated Earth Day recently, and Jenna insisted that we clean up around our neighborhood. Since there are new houses being built nearby, there was plenty of garbage from the construction crew.

My little environmentalist

This little bookworm has really been in to mysteries lately. I think it all started with Scooby-Doo. Then she got a Nancy Clancy (Fancy Nancy) mystery for her birthday, and that led to Nancy Drew Clue Crew books.
She carries around her detective notebook and spyglass, and asks me to leave clues for her to solve a mystery. It's really hard coming up with "mysteries" but I try my best.

Liam is finally starting to love books! I just had to pinpoint his interests. It started with If You Give A Mouse A Cookie (he loves pointing out the cookie) and then zoo and animal books (he loves to say the animal noises).


Liam's vocabulary has taken a big leap forward recently. My absolute favorite is when he says his own name. Most of the time it's just "iam" but still the cutest thing ever! And he'll finally say I love you, which sounds like "I ove eew!" (but he likes to be silly and just say "I... ove... iam!")
One day I was talking about Jenna-fish (as we often call her) and Liam said "Denn-ishy? No. Denn-Rahr!" I guess he thinks it matches her personality better!

Gavin has been my little helper around the house ;)


He also hit a wonderful milestone this week: waking up happy! Until now Gavin has woken up screaming, presumably because I am not there waiting to immediately pick him up. But now he plays with Liam in the morning and talks to himself happily for a few minutes after his nap. Walking in the room to a smiling baby is just heavenly!

Paul sprained his ankle last week. He stepped just wrong into a ditch while jogging across the field at work. We iced it, wrapped it, and then he spent a couple of pitiful days "stuck" in a recliner watching TV and being waited on. How terrible for him ;)

Kali had her golden birthday!! 30 on the 30th!

It was the first of my birthdays that Paul hasn't had something really big at work, so he was able to take the day off! That seemed like enough of a gift right there, but Paul made absolutely sure that my golden birthday was special!
In honor of my 30th he got me 30 gifts, wrapped in gold, and had me draw a number to open one every 30 minutes! So much fun!


Each one was thoughtful and absolutely perfect for me. I think he got everything I had even mentioned I wanted for the past year! From massages, flowers, and candy all the way up to this beauty:

So much fun to be had! I've wanted one for years :)


Between opening 2 gifts an hour, getting my nails done (courtesy of my awesome mother-in-law), and going out for lunch and dinner, the day just flew by! I loved this day, I love my life right now, and I LOVE my sweet family!


My 20's were amazing, but I think the 30's are going to be even better!!!

2 comments:

Rachel said...

Your birthday sounds so fun! Way to go Paul!! And Jenna cracks me up- I'm not sure I would have been nice enough to pick up the construction workers trash with her!

Unknown said...

I can not even imagine it has been 30 years. I was so busy in Atlanta with my mother and sister. I hope dad sent you the gift I asked him to. However, I just want you to know how much I love you and how proud of you I am. You have such a sweet beautiful family! Those babies are always in my heart!