Sunday, October 11, 2015

recent happenings


The boys had their 3 year and 15 month check-ups a couple weeks ago. They're both developing right on schedule, and are perfectly healthy. And the doctor was super impressed with both of their block-stacking skills.
*semi-scary story: I was sort of half paying attention to the doctor when she was telling me the vaccinations Gavin would be getting (the other half of my attention was busy trying to get one child to use an indoor voice and making sure the other didn't kill himself jumping off the table), but I was pretty sure I heard MMR and Varicella. The nurse came in with 3 shots, and I mentioned that I thought it was only going to be 2 today. She asked if I would like her to make sure. Normally, I am a very trusting person and I don't like to make a fuss, but I felt uneasy so said yes, I would like her to check with the doctor first. It turns out she was mistaken, and had almost given my baby a shot he wasn't supposed to get for another 9 months. I don't know how much a problem that would have made, but I'm grateful for the Spirit's prompting so that I don't have to find out!


Since Gavin has finally passed 20 lbs, we traded in his infant car seat. I had to get a picture first, because this seat held all three of my babies. His face is even kind of perfect - they all hated being in the car!


We found this turtle in our backyard one day, and the boys wouldn't leave the poor thing alone! Liam kept knocking on his shell, and Gavin tossed him around a bit. Thankfully, our turtle friend survived the encounter, and it turned into a fun learning experience. I just love these curious kids and how much they enjoy this wondrous earth!


I was able to volunteer at Jenna's school for Matter Day. I helped with the "ooblek" station (corn starch and water). All the kids loved it, and it was hilarious to see them try to decide if it was a solid or liquid!
Liam was at Joy School, but I brought Gavin with me. He sat in the stroller eating snacks for the first half, but then wandered around opening cabinets and trying to play with the sink. Some of the kids thought he was pretty entertaining, but he sadly reminded me why I don't volunteer more often. I figure I'll make up for it someday when the boys are in school.

1 comment:

Grandma King said...

Jenna is turning into a little lady! How do these things happen! So glad the boys got good reports from the doctor and that you listened to the Spirit and prevented the nurse from giving the wrong shot! I sometimes see turtles like that when I walk in the mornings, they are pretty neat to watch. My dogs don't know what to make of them.