Tuesday, December 15, 2015

family pictures

This was the first time that we've ever had professional pictures of our family taken, and I was so excited for it! And I love the results!
Of course, not everything went according to "plan":

-I had plans to get us all new outfits for the day, but once I realized how much that would cost I opted to work with the clothes we already have (except for Jenna's dress). And I'm so happy I did, I like how it turned out.

-There were nonstop thunderstorms on the day we scheduled our outdoor shoot. Our photographer was only in town for about a week, and Paul was in the middle of his busy season at work. Luckily we found a time on Sunday, but we had to go right after church. I hoped that the kids' patience wouldn't be used up already.

-The day before the shoot, Paul's mom was visiting and I was telling her how Gavin is so good on the stairs and has never taken a tumble. I must have jinxed it, because not 5 minutes later he fell on the bottom few steps and really scraped up his little nose! Our poor photographer had to edit that out of every shot he was it! Oops!

-Gavin only smiled for about 2 pictures, but we expected that. What I wasn't expecting was Liam! He wasn't really being bad, just very silly! He was smiling and laughing, but wouldn't sit still for a second! For our standing pictures, he kept falling to his knees and thought it was hilarious. And our photographer just barely got an individual shot of him. It all turned out fine; Paul and I were just at a loss for what to do, because he's usually a better listener than he was that day.

Overall, though, it was a great experience! I love our pictures from Hoins Photography:




















2 comments:

Adam said...

Cute family! Miss you!

Unknown said...

My favorite pics ever. I need to figure out how to save them on my own computer. Maybe Liam can teach me?