Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Articles of Faith #1-9

Last June we started teaching Jenna the Articles of Faith, one for each month (I'm thinking we might spend two months on #13). And our first FHE lesson of each month is dedicated to that month's Article of Faith. We feel like this information is going to be invaluable to her later in life, and it would be good to start learning them now. She doesn't know what all those big words mean yet, but she'll already have them memorized by the time she does!
For the next go-around, I think some sort of visual aids would make it more fun. But I'm super impressed with her memorization skills. She learns them in just days, and we use the rest of the month to review.
We are now working on #10 . If you would like to see, here are Jenna's Articles of Faith 1-9:

 She is being quite silly in most of them, because the camera is out. But she's still oh so cute!

#1:

#2:

Please ignore the mess. We had just moved.
#3:

#4:

...extreme silliness... and she combined the 3rd and 4th principles together! Hey, it's a long one! She does it better with a bit of help, but I wanted these to be just her.

#5:

Sorry you can't really understand this one! She didn't feel like doing for the camera.
 
#6:

I have no idea why, but she just would not say "teachers"!
 
#7:

I LOVE that when she says "healing" it sounds like "killing"! We laughed every night!
 
#8:

#9:
Can you tell these are her favorite PJs?
It's neat to see how much better she talks since the first one! We're so proud of our little girl!

1 comment:

Mary said...

I'm am continually amazed by the ability kids have to memorize! She is such a cutie!