Jenna was a pretty good two year old; easy even (except for potty training)! She was very obedient, even when she didn't want to do something. And on the rare occasion we had to discipline her, she would go to her room or sit in the Time Out chair, crying of course, but without argument.
Lately, though, along with her extreme independence we have also gotten little miss bossy and little miss defiant! She is definitely testing her limits:
-If we ask her to do something, she says "You do it" or "I'm busy" or "I'll do it next time!"
-She'll sometimes flat out pretend not to hear us.
-When I'm busy and can't come to her right away, she points at the floor "Come here right NOW!"
-The other day, she was being disobedient so I told her to go to her room, and she said No! I was shocked! This was completely unprecedented! I had to actually put her in Time Out.
-If she's doing something she knows she's not supposed to do, she'll claim it is her stuffed animal or doll who is doing it. Just today she told me her giraffe was working on the computer, while she used his legs to pound away at the keyboard!
-Whenever I have to physically remove her from something, or more often someone, she grips on with her monkey legs and doesn't let go!
-She'll try to turn our own discipline techniques around on us: She gets right in our face "Look in my eyes. Are you listening?"
-When she wants something really bad, and I've already told her no, she begs "Pleeeeeease, Mommy!" and then tells me "Say okay, mommy!"
I know she's being naughty, but I often have to suppress a laugh or smile when she does these things to Paul. Somehow, it's not so funny when she does it to me...
Although I do have to say I am impressed with my own patience and ability to stay calm! The Lord is truly blessing us!
1 comment:
She sounds PERFECT to me. Sure glad you didn't get a kid who would throw a crying tantrum for an HOUR! Thanks for posting the pictures.
Post a Comment