Monday, April 15, 2013

a talk and a spotlight

A couple weeks ago, Jenna was assigned a talk in Primary. The same day, she was also featured as the spotlight child! It was a Sunday all about Jenna :)

Paul helped her to draw pictures again so she read most of her talk all by herself. She even wrote the first half by herself! Her topic was "Jesus Christ is the son of our Heavenly Father".
I kept her talk and put it in a special spot so I wouldn't lose it. So, naturally, I can't find it now! I'm sure I will sometime soon, and then I'll put it up here :)

During the closing exercises, the spotlight kid gets to fill a basket with things that they like or show something about themselves, and do a show-and-tell type thing. This is what Jenna chose to represent her:


When it was time for her to show what she brought in the spotlight basket, I went up to help her. But she handled it all by herself, and I just stood there like a dope :)
And this is what she said:
I like sleeping.  (green blanket) 
I like fruit.
I like pictures of Jesus.
I like animals.  (the parrot is her current favorite) 
I like doing puzzles.
I like being an artist.
I like princesses.
I like reading the Book of Mormon.

I'd say it was all pretty accurate!

1 comment:

Rachel said...

Ha! I love that her talk is in a special spot that you can't find anymore- happens to me all.the.time.