Thursday, May 2, 2013

Here we go again... :)

For the very first time, Jenna had consecutive birthdays while we lived in the same place. But she won't get a third, because we've moved again! This is our 6th home in 6 years! I'm pretty much a professional mover at this point.
We hadn't planned on living here this long, so we didn't worry about schools when we found our previous apartment. But it turns out the Lord's plan for us is different than ours :)
It also turns out that the school district we lived in is terrible! Luckily, our city is at the intersection of four counties! We only had to move a couple miles to be in any of three other (better) districts. We picked the one we wanted and started looking.

We were looking for a townhouse, about the same rent as we pay now, walking distance to Jenna's school, decent neighborhood with walking trails, washer and dryer, and close to our friends. We thought this was a pretty tall order, but we got everything we asked for! We just forgot to ask for the place to be not owned by a crazy person... Oh well, can't win 'em all!
We even get a little flower bed to play with :)

 Paul's favorite part of our new place is the playroom in the basement: the toys can be somewhat contained! My favorite area is our spacious laundry room with lots of storage! And Jenna couldn't be more excited about her princess retreat!

I fought the princess theme, but I was outnumbered...

While we're excited about our new home, there are a few things we will miss: our wonderful ward, a library where they know us by name, and a playground practically right outside our door.
Still, I feel like this was a good move for our family and it's going to be a great year!

4 comments:

Jessica Nelson said...

AHHH!!! I knew you'd find something awesome! I'm so glad it worked out. Prayers = answered!

Lisa said...

So exciting! Congrats on the new place!

Rachel said...

So exciting! Jillian would die of jealousy if she saw Jenna's room. And, I'm kind of dying here- is Jenna really going to kindergarten in the fall? How did she get so big?!

Unknown said...

That is a cute little house!Jenna's bed is very cute!