Every month a mom in our Joy School group plans a field trip, and April was my month. So, I arranged for us to visit our local Fire Station!
We showed up with our not-so-small group (moms and younger siblings come as well), and despite my many many many conversations with some lady who assured me they were expecting us, they had no idea we were coming! I should have expected it since I had to give her my phone number 4 times, 2 of which were exactly 30 seconds apart! But, hey, they're firefighters (ready at all times) and gave us a great tour :)
The kids all loved seeing the lights and being able to walk through the truck! Fireman Bill was an awesome teacher!
One of the funniest moments was when Fireman Bill first brought us into the garage. He had told the kids to stay on the blue tile, not the red. One little girl wandered onto the red area, and right in the middle of Fireman Bill's little speech, Jenna walks right up to him and pokes him to get his attention, then just points to the girl with an "Oh no!" look on her face. Little tattle-tale!
Afterwards we went to play at a nearby park, and devoured some yummy cake balls.

1 comment:
You are an awsome mother, I am so proud of you!
Post a Comment