Friday, May 10, 2013

One year older...

I had such a fun birthday this year!
It began with Paul going in to work late (he never does!) so I could sleep in and still enjoy a delicious chocolate-chip pancake breakfast. My day with the kids was normal, except Jenna randomly sang "Happy Birthday" to me all day long  :)
Paul got off work early, and found a little cafe that makes great cheesecake! After he surprised us, we all went out to Red Lobster for dinner, and totally tricked Jenna into eating shrimp! After she finished we told her it was actually shrimp, and she said "Ooo, I like shrimp!" Yes!
Then we hurried home to eat the delicious cheesecake! When it came time to decorate, Jenna went a little crazy with the green sprinkles because she knows it's my favorite color. Funny girl!


The next day Elena treated us to lunch. We couldn't do it on my actual birthday, because I was on the phone with the insurance company all afternoon; Someone rear-ended my car on the highway and pushed me into the car in front of me. Happy Birthday to me - an insurance nightmare! But, seriously, no one got hurt (my kids were with me) and the car got fixed quickly with no charge to us, so I'm grateful!

On Friday night, the girls took me out to P.F.Chang's! Of course we got the Great Wall of Chocolate, and then decided that wasn't enough dessert, so we ran next door to Champps and also got their giant ice cream cake!


Then we went to a nightclub for dancing! I haven't gone out dancing since college - it was an absolute blast! This place was pretty cool, because it had two main rooms - one played popular dance music, and the other had line dancing! It was awesome.


Unfortunately, Elena forgot her ID and couldn't join us. We seriously contemplated sneaking her in, but eventually thought better of it  :)
It just means we'll have to go back again soon  :)

2 comments:

Lisa said...

How fun that you and the girls went dancing! I love dancing and pretty sure I've never done that. Glad you had a great birthday. :)

Unknown said...

Wow! I am impressed!