Now bring on the winter coats, mittens, and SNOW!!
Also this week:
Gavin finally graduated out of his cradle. But he's still in our room, just now in the pack 'n play. We won't move him to the crib in his and Liam's room until he is sleeping through the night, or at least only getting up once in the night (it's taking longer than we had hoped).
He also got his first taste of real food this week, on the day he turned 5 months.
I absolutely love the pictures we got, very reminiscent of Liam's first taste of rice cereal.
| "This. is. disgusting." |
| "Please! No more!" |
| "Ugh. I think I'm going to be sick." |
| "I'm gonna get you for this..." |
Hahaha! And then we furthered the torture by letting Liam in on the fun!
Liam started taking naps again, thank goodness! He had stopped when Jenna went back to school and we weren't doing a lot, because Gavin was so little. I guess I felt bad making him lay down if we hadn't been very active in the morning. But I've realized we both need that time, so even if he doesn't sleep he has quiet time in his room every day.
Jenna gave our FHE lesson on Monday. She read us a story about Jesus, and then for the first time unprompted, bore her testimony. It was pure faith, and I'm so grateful for her example to us!
She got her first 1st grade report card this week, and I was not at all surprised by 2 things her teacher said: "Jenna has developed into a social butterfly and is a friend to everyone in the room." and "She has an astonishing curiosity for science topics." That's my girl!
Her class is currently learning about geography, and each family was asked which states or countries they had family/friends who the child could write to and receive a post card from. We said we could do Brazil (Paul asked one of his mission companions), so of course that was the country Jenna was assigned. I hadn't thought about the fact that they don't speak English, so Paul obviously had to help Jenna write the letter:
She can't wait to get a reply!
Paul and his boys at work decided to not shave their mustaches in November in support of men's health. But, he reluctantly shaved it this week when he learned the local news station was going to interview him about UVA's concessions again. I was not at all sad to see it go!
I forgot to take a picture, but he's excited to do it again next year. So we have that to look forward to!
Kali is just enjoying life! I'm trying to slow the the inevitable march of time and be more grateful that I get to stay home and be a mommy to these 3 beautiful children! And a game night with the girls Saturday night certainly didn't hurt ;)

1 comment:
Jenna needs to come hang with my boys. They used to be so obsessed with animal details and science stuff (recently soccer took over their lives) - I bet they'd go back to animals if they had a cute girl to talk about them with!
Post a Comment