Sunday, November 2, 2014

Mario Bros. Halloween

We had our Ward Halloween party on Thursday, and of course Trick-or-Treating on Friday. I'm loving the fact that the boys are still young enough to not care about their costumes. So when Jenna chose Princess Peach, it was an easy decision to dress up Liam as Mario and Gavin as Toadstool. If I was really feeling motivated, Paul and I would have dressed up as Bowser and Daisy. But I wasn't, so we carried Wii controllers and went as the players.
I'm pretty proud of the fact that we spent a grand total of $8 on all our costumes! We bought jewels and tulle for Jenna's costume, and everything else was made from stuff we found around the house.

I just can't get enough of these cuties!!

I walked around with Liam while Paul and Gavin handed out candy at the ward trunk-or-treat, and then Friday night Gavin and I manned the door while Paul took the big kids trick-or-treating around the neighborhood.
Liam doesn't say "trick or treat", but he held up his bucket for candy and said "thank you!"
And as usual, Jenna was a great big sister. 


They were only out for a bit, and then Jenna had a blast handing out the candy. She said that's what she's most excited about for next year!

In other news, Paul only has one more football game for the year! Yay, we're so excited to see more of him! Kali got a second calling this week: Relief Society pianist. I haven't had this calling before, and I'm excited to finally nail down all those hymns!
Jenna had her Fall project for school this week. She had to come up with a "wondering question" about fall and present it any way she wants. She chose: How and Why do leaves change color and fall? We went to the library and got as many books as we could find on trees and leaves, and she got to work on her research:


Then she made a poster with her findings and glued on colorful leaves she had collected. I forgot to take a picture of it before she turned it in. I'll try when we get it back.

Liam is doing his best to motivate me to start working out


And Jenna is loving the fact that we will let her carry around Gavin now (always supervised of course).

1 comment:

JessieLeigh said...

$8! I'm impressed! We LOVED your clever costumes - very clever.