Monday, May 11, 2015

Mommy's Day


-We got a little surprise at the library this week when we were checking out: We found out we had maxed out my card limit. So Jenna got her very own card! I snapped this picture as we were leaving - these are just the books that she insisted on carrying; we also have a large bag full!


-These peaceful moments make my heart happy:


-Gavin is loving the swings now (yay!) and Liam is such a big guy on the big swing!

I couldn't get Liam's hair to go down that morning, haha! But I kind of love it ;)

Then Liam discovered the fun of dandelions:


-It's hilarious how much fun the boys had with a couple of empty diaper boxes!


-On Saturday the big kids started to earn their keep around here! And enjoyed every minute of it!


-Mother's Day morning was perfect! I got to sleep in while Jenna cleaned her room and the boys cleaned the play room, and then we had delicious waffles while I read Jenna's card and coupons for me (I plan to use them all!).

Church was awesome because Paul gave a talk on charity! It was so sweet when he talked about his mom and the amazing example she has been throughout his life. I love so much that he is such a mama's boy and gets teary talking about her (even though it thoroughly embarrasses him)! I hope that my boys and I will have a similar strong connection.
Church was not-so-awesome because Gavin didn't get a nap beforehand, and Paul had to run to work for a bit after Sacrament Meeting. Poor Gavin was so tired that he just screamed and screamed while I was trying to teach my class. Luckily my friend heard him, took pity on us, and walked with him around the building until he fell asleep. I'm so grateful to have the support of these awesome women!!

Paul made us a yummy steak dinner, the kids saw The Wizard of Oz for the first time, and we had a little picnic for dessert (and threw some kids around!).


I'm so grateful for all the mothers in my life who teach and inspire me!!! And for my three littles who made me a mom! I know this is what I am meant to be doing, and I couldn't ask for anything better!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I can not even tell you how proud of you I am. You are such a good mother and I am so happy you found Paul. On another note, if boys were like cats you could just give them a few boxes to play with. You have adorable kids though!