Sunday, May 24, 2015

the girl

-Jenna had her first piano recital!! She picked her two favorite songs from the past couple months and memorized them. It was just about the cutest thing ever, and I'm so proud of her!
Between her songs you'll see her dramatically move her shoulders up and down. That's because I told her to take two big breaths before she starts the second song, so she wouldn't go straight into it and sound like one song. So funny!
The video ends before she takes her bow because Paul wanted to applaud, which I was sad about. It was almost the best part!



Paul surprised her with flowers afterwards!


I'm so glad that she's enjoying it, and I'm proud of her for the work she put in to practicing this year!

-I was so excited this week to finally be able to chaperone Jenna's field trip! Gavin doesn't need me every two hours, and Paul was able to take the day off. I remember how excited I was to have my mom come on field trips, so I definitely wanted to make this happen!

We went to a local farm to learn about animals and a bit about gardening. Farmer Tom was amazing with the kids, and we all had a great time. It's easy to spot Jenna in her bright pink BYU hat:


There were two dogs and three crazy turkeys that followed us almost the whole time and provided entertainment between activities.
The kids got to pet pigs and cows, feed goats, hold chickens, collect eggs, and tour the garden.


At the end it started to rain, so they had the kids help carry the chicks across the creek to their house, and then we all ran to the bus! It was a rather abrupt end to a very fun day!


-Jenna has gotten into jump roping lately.  But when Liam is around, it almost always turns into a game of horse and buggy:


Poor little brothers...

1 comment:

Grandma King said...

I am so proud of Jenna too, beautiful job!
I love strawberries too!