Thursday, July 9, 2009

motivation

Simply wanting to do something (a.k.a. running) sometimes just isn't enough to get us doing it. We need a little motivation!
Which is exactly what I need to get me up in the morning! I mean, the night before, I can want to get up, plan to get up, even threaten Paul to get me up - but when that alarm buzzes, Man does your pillow feel soft and your bed warm! Hmmm...

So, I try to motivate myself:
-Gotta get in shape! Ah... come on - you're just gonna get pregnant again soon and be too sick to run... and get fat again...
-Gotta finish the book before Paul! (audio books on the ipod) Don't even bother - Paul walks to and from work: at least an hour of listening a day! You'll never even catch up to him!
-Gotta get ready for the day! Eh... I showered last week... I still smell good, right? :)

Andrea and I have now decided to motivate each other: If we both excercise (she doesn't like to run, so goes to the gym) four times in a week, then we get to do something fun that weekend (like shopping or a $1 movie). This way, I'll feel bad if I'm the reason she can't do something fun, and vice versa.

Any other motivational ideas?

1 comment:

Unknown said...

No good ideas, but it sounds good! Anyhow, WHEN are you going to get pregnant again? Silly girl!