The first thing to know about Jenna is that she never ever stops talking. Ever.
She even talks while she's got a toothbrush in her mouth!
She says when she grows up she wants to be a teacher and an artist. When I told her she could be an art teacher, she got so excited and said she would "teach kids to make beautiful paintings!"
She's past the baby talk thing, but she still mixes up some letters; like she says "peek" instead of "keep" and "nusic" instead of "music". She has a New England accent on her R's and a southern drawl on her A's. I think it's pretty darn cute. If you didn't know us, you'd have no idea where she comes from!
Jenna still loves puzzles, and probably averages at least one a day. She can do 150 piece ones all on her own, and helps us do the big ones. She always asks for help, but she really just wants you to sit with her, because she doesn't like to be alone.
Like her daddy, she is a rule follower. To a T!
And very trustworthy. I can always count on her to watch Liam while I shower, or entertain him while I cook. She loves to perform for him!
| I'm a little tea pot! |
She is still super picky about what she eats. It doesn't seem to be about taste or texture, though. She decides before she even tastes something whether or not she is going to like it, and nothing will change her mind. I don't know why they don't make princess shaped carrots, because that would totally work!
Until now, we have always put a little of everything we are eating onto her plate, but we didn't make her eat it. A couple months ago we told Jenna that when she turns 5 she has to try a bite everything we give her.
It worked like a charm! She gets through her bites with minimal complaints, and will sometimes even clean her plate if dessert is involved. No new foods have transitioned to her "like" column yet, but I'm optimistic!
She is a wonderful example to us, and is very sensitive to the Spirit.
For example: We usually read the animated scripture stories at bedtime, but one day while I was at Book Club she asked Paul if they could read from her real Book of Mormon. He read the Introduction to her and when he got to the invitation to ask God if it is true, Jenna said that she wanted to ask. So she prayed, "Dear Heavenly Father, is it true? In the name of Jesus Christ, amen." After finishing her prayer, she said "Daddy, it's true!". Paul asked her how she knew that it was true, she said, "Because I felt it in my heart."
I'm never going to Book Club again...
Just kidding! But I love talking about the Gospel with her. It is so simple and uplifting!


1 comment:
I NEED copies of those pictures! I need some for my walls! Hurry and send me some! PLEASE!!!!!
Post a Comment