At our ward's Primary activity, they gave out a prize for the child wearing the most green. Jenna heard this, and was determined to win. She found all the green in our house that can go onto her body, including Paul and my clothes:
She didn't win. Obviously, it was rigged.
That night we told Jenna about leprechauns, and encouraged her to set a trap for the little guy. We used 5 pennies as bait:
Sadly, he must have been equipped with a mini saw because he escaped! But he left behind some of his gold (mini reese's) and used his magic to turn our milk green!
It was fun to see her get into the whole thing, but honestly, we kind of regretted it eventually. She was worried that the sneaky leprechaun would come into her bedroom, and talked about it for.ever.
In the morning Jenna would have absolutely nothing to do with our green eggs and green milk. I still thought it was fun!
We had big plans for pea soup, green smoothies, and green salad for dinner. But some friends invited us over for food and games, and who would turn that down!?
What a strange holiday. Jenna asked me who Patrick was, and I honestly have no idea. Maybe I'll actually look it up next year...
3 comments:
Oh Jenna is too cute, she cracks me up
Oh Jenna is too cute, she cracks me up
The girl's got a point! I was right there with her on that not wanting leprechauns around. I mean - who wants a stranger in their space, messing with their stuff? It eventually turned into not wanting the tooth fairy to take my tooth from under my pillow because I didn't want a little flying person in my room while I was sleeping. The solution? (I mean, common - there is money involved there!) I left my tooth under the pillows on the couch... problem solved. :)
Post a Comment