Wednesday, March 27, 2013

171 years young!

The Relief Society just celebrated its 171st birthday! I am so blessed to be a part of this amazing organization of women!


I'll admit, I didn't always feel so warm and fuzzy toward Relief Society. When I turned 18 I didn't want anything to do with those "old ladies". It wasn't until recently, probably when I moved across the country to where we didn't know anyone, that I really got what Relief Society can be. I found friends, teachers, women to look up to, and women who I have the opportunity to serve. It's wonderful to know that wherever I go and whatever I'm going to through, there will always be someone there for me but also someone who can benefit from what I have to give.

I was asked to make a cake for the party with the RS logo on it. I've never done a sheet cake before; I had to borrow a large sheet from Paul's work, and this is what I came up with:


It was red velvet cake with buttercream frosting. Delicious.


Jenna was my helper and little cake decorator in training:


2 comments:

Rachel said...

You are amazing! I ordered our cake from a local grocery store (we put the logo on ours too) and yours looks better! WIsh we lived closer so you could tutor me in cake decorating.

Jessica Nelson said...

Mormon cake maker extraordinaire! =) Great work!