Liam's 6 month stats:
17 lbs. 11 oz.
26.75 in.
While we were at the doctor's office, he asked me if Liam was sitting on his own yet. "Not quite", I said. But the doctor just plopped him up on the table and stepped back, "See? He can." And sure enough, Liam was sitting like a big boy! I guess I just wasn't challenging him enough.
The doctor also looked in his mouth and said, "Yep, you'll get some teeth soon!" I didn't really believe him because he said the same thing when he was only 2 months old... But that night Liam's first tooth poked out! You can barely see the little thing, but it's there!
I worry a little bit that he is going to think his and Jenna's names are Brother and Sister, because that's what we all call them most of the time. Whenever Liam wakes up from his nap Jenna calls out "Brother!" and gives him a big hug and a kiss. I'm going to miss that so much when she goes to school :(
A while ago I started signing "milk" before I fed him, and now he gets excited when I do it and signs it back while I get ready. He'll even sign it himself when he's hungry! Pretty darn cute!
Liam loves to play with his voice. The thing he does the most is he picks a note and "sings" it until he has no breath left. So weird. I haven't ever seen a baby do that before. I hope that means he'll be a singer like his daddy!
He is definitely not content to just sit anymore. He is rolling, scooting, reaching, and twisting to grab everything he can! And, of course, he doesn't want his awesome toys. He wants Jenna's. Or the boring old remote.
His sleep habits are better, but still not ideal. He's pretty good once you get him to sleep, but getting there is a different story. About 50% of the time we have to bounce him until he falls asleep. He reaches up and plays with my face, looks around a bit, and eventually closes his eyes. 25% of the time I just have to lay him down with a binky, hold his hand, and he's out in less than a minute. And 25% of the time he's not falling asleep no matter what you do! And he laughs in your face!
Happy Half Birthday Liam!
1 comment:
I is getting so big. I can't believe he is 6 months old.
Post a Comment