Paul took the day off work so we could spend the whole day making her feel special. And boy, did she have a great time!
We started the day off with a J-shaped pancake breakfast (which she ate none of, much to Paul's chagrin) and presents from family:
Then we headed off to our Preschool activity that was already scheduled, but worked out perfectly for her birthday. We all met at UNO Chicago Pizzeria where the kids got to take a tour of the kitchen and make their own pizzas! UNO even took the kids' picture for their facebook page (cause they're so stinkin' cute!).
Since we were conveniently located right next to the mall, we took Jenna to one of the funnest places: Build-a-Bear! She loved being able to choose everything herself,! We were completely NOT surprised when she chose the pink bear with a pink dress and pink ballet shoes! And named her Aurora...
Her eyes filled with wonder and excitement when we walked out and saw the carousel! Of course, we couldn't say no to that!
She was so sweet holding Liam's hand while we walked and playing with him while I ran a quick errand for myself:
| Such a good big sister! |
On our way home we stopped by Barnes and Noble where she got a free giant cookie (I got most of it :) ) and a new book (our family's birthday tradition) called Pinkalicious - shocker.
We had decided to a girl's-only princess party because there are way too many boys in her class, and our apartment (and my sanity) just can't handle that many kids all hopped up on cake and ice cream! But Jenna still wanted her best friend, Huck, to come so we invited them over for dinner.
We had, you guessed it, orange chicken!
And a Rugrats-themed birthday cake:
| The figures are toys. I think it's pretty obvious, but thought I'd say anyway. |
I literally had to hold back tears all day long so I didn't freak her out! I can't believe our little Jenna-fish is 5 years old! Where did the time go!?!




3 comments:
The cake looked great! Happy (late) Birthday Jenna!
OH my goodness - what a fun day! And for the record, that cake beats our "Mormon cakes" hands down! Good work! I'm seriously impressed. Here I am freaking out about Emma being in nursery and now I want to cry just thinking about Jenna turning 5, so I hear ya!
This cake is cool too...so what was the sleeping beauty cake for then. Kindergarten is just around the corner. :)
Post a Comment