The day after her birthday, we had Jenna's Princess Birthday Party!
We invited 5 of Jenna's girl friends to come dressed as their favorite princess. Jenna, of course, chose Princess Aurora. We had another Aurora, a couple of Rapunzels, and an Ariel. lots of diversity
The girls entered through Jenna's Castle (a large cardboard one Grandma got her for Christmas) and promptly ignored my coloring activity in favor of running around like a bunch of crazies until everyone arrived :)
We started off playing "Snow White's Poisoned Apple" (hot potato). When the music stopped, we had to pretend to take a bite and fall asleep until Prince Liam awakened us.
Then we had lunch. I really wish I had a picture, because I made the cutest little fruit tarts on graham crackers. They mostly all ate fruit, but we also mixed it up with chips, rice krispie treats, and a sparkly pink drink. That's right, no veggies in sight.
We played a "Cinderella Relay" where each princess had to take turns wearing the magic slippers (my high heels) and race around the apartment before the clock struck midnight. Very entertaining.
On to Jenna's favorite activity, the pinata:
And then she made a wish on her Princess Aurora cake:
We set up a double throne for Jenna to sit upon with her friend while she opened their gift:
Then we all relaxed while I read Sleeping Beauty. They each got a number and every time I said "Aurora" or "Prince Phillip", they passed their numbers. The number they ended up with corresponded to a gift bag with a princess doll they got to take home!
Jenna handed out a personalized note she "wrote" for each of the girls as they left.
It took just about the rest of the day to get the house back in order, but it was all worth it just to see the joy in our little girl's face! Love love love love love her!



4 comments:
What a fun birthday party!
Your cakes are always so amazing! Can't believe how old Jenna is--it seems like we were just visiting you guys after she was born!
Great job - parties are a lot of work. I bet you're glad its over. :) Too bad I couldn't have been there. :) Looks like fun.
Those are really great pictures. The cake is awsome. I love her dress also. I sure miss you all! Give the kids a hug and kiss from me.
Post a Comment